A subset of the Gillmor Gang met via telephone this afternoon to debate the $150 – $170 million Comcast acquisition of Plaxo. Listen to Steve Gillmor, Dan Farber, Robert Scoble, Jason Calacanis and me talk about whether this was a smart move for Comcast, or a sucker’s purchase of a company no one in Silicon Valley would touch.
- Founded 1963
- Overview CMCSA is a type of publicly traded stocks of Comcast, a mass media and communications company that provides cable, entertainment, and communication products and services. It is a class A common stock traded in NASDAQ. CMCSA offers voting rights of .1323 votes per share.
- Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Categories Web Hosting
- Website http://comcast.com
- Full profile for Comcast
- Founded 2002
- Overview Plaxo helps keep people connected by solving the common and frustrating problem of out-of-date contact information. Users and their contacts store their information on Plaxo's servers. When a user edits their own information, the changes appear in the address books of all those who listed the user in their own address books. Because contacts are stored in a central location, it's possible to …
- Location Sunnyvale, California
- Categories Curated Web, Trading, Contact Management, Synchronization, Databases
- Website http://www.plaxo.com
- Full profile for Plaxo