Credit crunch got you down? Looking for gold in all the wrong places, like, say, the innards of your computer? Don’t! Unless you want to die!
A Tulsa man died last week (news travels fast…) as a result of mercury poisoning. He was trying to use the chemical to extract gold out of his computer parts. He accidentally inhaled the mercury, leading to his untimely demise.
To relate this story to me, I remember breaking an old mercury thermometer when I was a boy and thinking how cool the liquid looked on the floor. I still live!