Former cell phone giant Motorola is closing its Singapore plant, leading to a loss of about 700 jobs. The business headquarters for the Asia-Pacific region will remain in Singapore while manufacturing will move elsewhere. This is in line with the upcoming Motorola split as well as cost reduction measures put in place to keep the company from sucking so much.
- Founded 1928
- Overview Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider that succeeded Motorola Inc. following the spin-off of the mobile phones division into Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc. in 2011. The company is headquartered in Schaumburg, Illinois, a Chicago suburb. Motorola Solutions is composed of the Enterprise Mobility Solutions division of the former Motorola, …
- Location Schaumburg, Illinois
- Categories Enterprise Software
- Website http://www.motorolasolutions.com
- Full profile for Motorola Solutions