Attention HP Pavillion dv6000/dv9000 and Compaq Persario V6000 owners,
Your notebook may be in serious trouble. Does your notebook fall under any of the above in the table? If so then read on.
You may need to send in your notebook if any or all of the following have occurred.
* The notebook does not detect wireless networks and the wireless adapter is not detected in the Device Manager.
* The notebook has no power and no active LEDs.
* The notebook does not start.
* The battery charge indicator light does not turn on when the battery is installed and the AC adapter is connected.
* The notebook issues a single beep during boot indicating no power.
* There is no video on the computer LCD panel or external monitor.
* The external monitor functions but there is no image on the notebook LCD panel.
You should also check and update your BIOS if it is not version F.3a or later. You can do that by going here. Service enhancements as HP is terming the situation is free and open to anyone regardless of when it was purchased.
All the details can be found here.