The Visa Everywhere Initiative sets out again to drive inclusive economic growth with the goal of giving everyone, everywhere access to the global economy.
Tune in here on TechCrunch on July 12 at 10 am PT/1 pm ET to watch four startup finalists go head-to-head at the Visa Everywhere Initiative women’s special edition competition as they present their innovative solutions to a panel of expert judges. The women’s finals event concludes the Visa Everywhere Initiative’s 2023 Special Edition competitions where Visa awarded prize money to a diverse group of women-founders in the U.S. across the Black, LGBTQ+ and women communities for their innovative solutions.
Two monetary prizes will be awarded during the women’s cohort:
- Overall Winner: $20,000 USD
- Audience Favorite: $5,000 USD
2023 Women’s Special Edition Finalists:
- Kata Ludvig – Founder & CEO | Baoba
- Nichole Montoya – Co-Founder & CEO | Cheddar Up
- Fernanda Orduña – Co-Founder & Software Developer | Decaf
- Jacklyn Rome – Founder & CEO | Onward
- Angela Kadon, Sr Director, Visa Ventures | Visa
- Kate Dinota, Director, North America II&S | Visa
- Kristin Slink, Founder CEO | Tech AF Founder Academy
- Bukie Adebo Umeano – Investor | Anthemis
- Marie-Elise Droga, SVP, Head of Fintech Partnerships, Global and North America | Visa
This year, Visa will host the Visa Everywhere Initiative 2023 global finals on September 19, inviting selected startups from around the world to pitch their solution on stage at TechCrunch Disrupt on September 19. Winners from the Special Edition competitions will be invited to attend TechCrunch Disrupt and display their startups in the Expo Hall.
Since its launch in 2015, nearly 12,000 startups from more than 100 countries have applied to the Visa Everywhere Initiative. These startups have gone on to collectively raise more than $16 billion in funding. Every year, Visa has expanded the Visa Everywhere Initiative to include unique startups solving unique problems in the world of payments. In the U.S., the Visa Everywhere Initiative 2023 Special Editions will spotlight Black, LGBTQ+ and women founded startups and we will continue to work with diverse startups and fintechs in the future.