Visa is making its network available to drive inclusive economic growth with the goal to give everyone, everywhere access to the global economy. This year, the Visa Everywhere Initiative once again opened the door to nearly 400 hundred minority-founded startups to share their digital solutions that promote greater accessibility in the way we pay, save, and invest. Finalists for the LGBTQ+special edition showcased their solutions on TechCrunch. Dorothy was awarded as the Overall winner and Mymarkit won the Audience Favorite prize.
Two monetary prizes were awarded during the LGBTQ+ community cohort:
- Overall Winner: $20,000 USD – DOROTHY
- Audience Favorite: $5,000 USD – MYMARKIT
2023 LGBTQ+ Special Edition Finalists:
- Arianna Armelli– Founder & CEO | Dorothy: A benefit network streamlining recovery services and payments for property owners – OVERALL WINNER
- Nan Zhang– Founder & CEO | Mymarkit: Fintech blockchain using payments to power automation, traceability & commerce – AUDIENCE FAVORITE
- Laura Wagner– Founder & Chief Visionary Officer | Digitzs: Connecting customers with capital in real-time at the point of sale.
- Myles Meyers – Founder & CEO | Superbia: Financial Services Free of LGBTQ+ Intolerance and Discrimination.
Since its launch in 2015, nearly 12,000 startups from more than 100 countries have applied to the Visa Everywhere Initiative. These startups have gone on to collectively raise more than $16 billion in funding. Every year, Visa has expanded the Visa Everywhere Initiative to include unique startups solving unique problems in the world of payments. In the U.S., the Visa Everywhere Initiative 2023 Special Editions will spotlight Black, LGBTQ+ and Women founded startups and we will continue to work with diverse startups and fintechs in the future. Visa is still accepting applications for the Visa Everywhere Initiative 2023 global competition.