Listen here or wherever you get your podcasts.
Hello, and welcome back to Equity, the podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
Our Monday show covers the latest in tech news from the weekend and what’s making headlines early in the week. Here’s the rundown from this morning, which saw Alex catching up from a few days off last week:
- Earnings season is slowing down, while global stocks slip to start the week. Crypto is not doing too much to start the week, but do recall that Coinbase earnings came last week.
- Peak smartphone? In the wake of Apple earnings, questions linger regarding just what is ahead for smartphones and what could get that market moving again. Thankfully for Apple shareholders, the company has done yeoman’s work to build out a services and subscription business. Enough to compensate? Perhaps.
- A controversial internet privacy law in India passed.
- Triller’s IPO is going to be fun, though your humble podcast team has yet to fully dive into it.
- And, finally, how do you get a shareholder off your cap table while respecting their upside? Like this!
We may be deep in Disrupt prep, but the show continues! We’ll see you Wednesday (and on day one of Disrupt, when Equity will kick off our major event in San Francisco)!