The final episode of this six-part series explores the future implications of Bitcoin and blockchain technology. The episode describes the divide between Wall Street’s preferred closed use of the blockchain and Silicon Valley’s vision of an open system. Will the technology ever be integrated into our world’s mainstream economy? Whose vision will prevail, Wall Street or Silicon Valley?
This is the final episode of the series; check out the first five episodes here.
- Founded 2007
- Overview Bitcoin is a form of digital currency, created and held electronically. However, it is a currency not controlled by a central source. Bitcoins aren’t printed, like dollars or euros – they’re produced by people, and increasingly businesses, running computers all around the world, using software that solves mathematical problems. It is the first example of a growing category of money known as cryptocurrency. Bitcoin …
- Location San Jose, CA
- Categories Bitcoin, Mobile Payments, Financial Services, Payments
- Website https://bitcoin.org
- Full profile for Bitcoin.org
- Founded 2009
- Overview Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, they make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From their founding in 2009 to their launches in over 400+ cities today, Uber's rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer.
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Categories Public Transportation, Mobile Apps, Transportation
- Website http://www.uber.com
- Full profile for Uber
- Founded 2011
- Overview At Blockchain, their mission is to re-imagine how the world transacts. They build innovative software that makes using Bitcoin safe, easy, and secure for all consumers and businesses anywhere in the world. Found on August 28, 2011 in London, United Kingdom, Blockchain is currently the provider of the world’s most popular Bitcoin wallet, the most widely used Bitcoin APIs, the most popular block …
- Location Luxembourg, 06
- Categories Bitcoin, Web Development, Finance, FinTech
- Founders Ben Reeves, Peter Smith, Nicolas Cary
- Website http://blockchain.com/
- Full profile for Blockchain