Remember that one time like three trailers ago when JJ Abrams suggested they were done releasing new Star Wars: The Force Awakens footage?
Yeaaaah, not so much. Another Star Wars TV trailer just hit, and there’s more new footage.
I’m not going to tear this one apart GIF-by-GIF like we’ve done with the last few because this one is mostly old stuff, but the new/notable things I noticed after a few watch-throughs:
- 0:10: BB8 gets blown up. Considering that this is seemingly the beginning of the movie (in terms of what we’ve seen so far, footage-wise) and that BB-8 shows up throughout the rest of the movie and, you know, merchandising, I’d bet BB-8 is just fine.
- 0:17: “Follow me” says Rey, supporting the idea that she’s a mega bad ass heroine and Finn is a little bit lost in all of this
- 0:19/0:26: “A New Threat”/”A New Beginning”, a nice play on the original SW being subtitled “A New Hope”
- 0:40: Han hands Rey a blaster quite similar in styling to the DL-44 heavy blaster he used in the original trilogy, albeit silver. Meanwhile, I scream a little and smack my monitor for some reason I’m not sure why.
- 0:48 — Han, Leia, C-3PO (complete with red replacement arm) and … wait, is that Ackbar on the far right? Or just some other Mon Calamari? IS IT A TRAP?
- 0:50 — WHAT IS THIS THING THAT STORMTROOPER IS USING AND WHY CAN IT BLOCK A LIGHTSABER JJ ABRAMS WHAT ARE YOU DOING