Pinterest confirmed that it has padded its Series G funding a bit and is carrying out a new secondary sale that will allow employees to cash in some of their shares.
As first reported by Re/code, the social sharing startup raised an additional $186 million in funding as part of its Series G round, bringing the total amount raised in that financing to $553 million.
New investors in the round include Wellington Management Company and Goldman Sachs, while existing investors Andreessen Horowitz, Bessemer, First Mark, SV Angel, Valiant, and Fidelity also participated. Altogether, the company has raised about $1.3 billion since being founded in 2009.
In addition to the primary financing, Pinterest is carrying out a secondary sale for employees who wish to sell a small portion of vested shares at the $11 billion valuation of the Series G round. This is the second time Pinterest has offered the option of a secondary sale to its employees, with the first being held in October 2012.
- Founded 2009
- Overview Pinterest is a visual discovery and planning tool. People ("Pinners") use the site and apps to get ideas for their future, such as recipes, places to travel, and products to buy, and save the things they love to their own boards. Pinners also follow the boards of others who they find interesting. The site experienced [rapid growth](https://techcrunch.com/2011/12/22/pinterest-40-fold/) in the second …
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Categories Social Media, Curated Web, Social Bookmarking
- Website https://pinterest.com
- Full profile for Pinterest
- Founded 1970
- Overview Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a …
- Location Boston, MA
- Categories Market Research
- Website http://wellington.com
- Full profile for Wellington Management
- Founded 1869
- Overview The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. provides investment banking, securities, and investment management services, as well as financial services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net-worth individuals worldwide. Its Investment Banking segment offers financial advisory services, including advisory assignments with respect to mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, corporate defense, …
- Location New York, NY
- Categories Finance, Financial Services, Security, Banking
- Website http://www.goldmansachs.com/
- Full profile for Goldman Sachs
- Founded 2009
- Overview Andreessen Horowitz is a $2.5 billion venture capital firm that was launched on July 6, 2009. [Marc Andreessen](/person/marc-andreessen), [Ben Horowitz](/person/ben-horowitz), [John O'Farrell](/person/john-ofarrell), [Scott Weiss](/person/scott-weiss), [Jeff Jordan](/person/jeff-jordan-4), and [Peter Levine](/person/peter-levine) are the general partners of the firm.
- Location Menlo Park, CA
- Categories Venture Capital, Finance
- Founders Marc Andreessen, Ben Horowitz
- Website http://www.a16z.com
- Full profile for Andreessen Horowitz
- Founded 2008
- Overview FirstMark Capital is an early stage venture capital firm based in New York City. Our mission is to partner with exceptional entrepreneurs who are changing the world by solving meaningful problems. We have built a deeply engaged community among the extraordinary teams in our network to spread ideas and opportunities. We are privileged to work alongside the founders of remarkable businesses like Pinterest, …
- Location New York, NY
- Founders Rick Heitzmann
- Website http://www.firstmarkcap.com
- Full profile for FirstMark Capital