Here we go: the TC team will be rolling into Austin on Thursday for our first Meetup+Pitch-Off in the Lone Star State. We’re looking forward to seeing you and meeting our 24 finalists in the Austin Pitch-Off where the winner gets a spot at Startup Alley at Disrupt SF and the chance at greatness on the Disrupt Battlefield stage.
Tickets include booze (21 and older please), live entertainment in the form of that 60-second pitch-off contest, and there will even be some prizes and a fireside chat with a local Austin luminary, Bijoy Goswami. Tickets to the event are selling out quickly, so if you’d like to come hang out with myself, Matt Burns, and your local tech community, click here and grab a ticket.
We’ll also be joined by Noah Kagan and Bijoy Goswami, two Austin luminaries who will take the stage to talk a bit about the world outside of SXSW. Special thanks to Neeraj at Siminars and Josh Baer for help organizing the program.
Here are the pitch-off finalists. We promised 20 but you got 25 because we couldn’t decide. It should be a cavalcade of amazingness.
- Flair.me – Flair uses #hashTags and #cuteIcons to give compliments directly to the staff – waiters, bartenders, baristas and entrepreneurs(owners)
- GuavaText – We are GuavaText and we build SMS-based financial management tools for the underserved and underbanked.
- Sportybird – Sportybird is a cloud-based social platform built for in-game analytics of youth soccer.
- Synapse – Synapse is a mobile concierge service with social dynamics.
- Toopher – Prevent online fraud and identity theft using the location-awareness of your smartphone.
- Teachergraph – TeacherGraph is a cloud-based web app that simplifies parent/teacher communication by organizing important information and interactions into one, easy-to-use tool.
- Lingo-Live – Lingo Live teaches Spanish & Portuguese online using native professionals all over the world combined with online tutorials.
- CampusSlice – Campus Slice is crowdfunding site that helps students raise money for college.
- EyeInTheSky – Created by musicians and music fans, Eye in the Sky is presenting a new model to empower the emerging middle-class musician using our software solution to more easily manage their fans, sales and content across multiple platforms while developing a sustainable career through direct-to-fan connections.
- SameWave – SameWave is a new breed of performance management software that banishes bad meetings, increases productivity and drives better business execution.
- DrinkMagnet – Fast and accurate happy hour finder for the iPhone. Using a proprietary drink special database paired with a unique mobile app user experience.
- GuysKeepScore – GuysKeepScore (GKS) focuses on helping people improve their sex life through gamification.
- CrowdFeed – The CrowdFeed experience allows fans to engage deeper with performances at concerts and festivals in real-time.
- First Cut Pro – First Cut Pro’s user-friendly interface allows for feedback on a frame-specific basis when reviewing with internal stakeholders, clients and test audiences which is then assignable to collaborators.
- Divvy – For people who are overcome with burden of keeping up with their friends on multiple social networks, Divvy combines your Facebook and Instagram photos into one newsfeed and adds features to make them more user friendly.
- Amumba – Amumba is a social mentoring platform that rewards students for doing the basic things they need to do to excel academically.
- ModelRevolt – Model Revolt is a subscription-based platform for aspiring and professional models, photographers, and their fans.
- Polygraph Media – Polygraph makes Facebook “real-time” by mining public interactions on Facebook.
- Hydrojet-E – Electric motor technology.
- Scaveit – To change the world you need good ideas … we help you uncover good ideas, find people to make them great, and help you change the world.
- NoChains – NoChains is about discovering the best restaurants you’ve never heard of, reviewed by the menu not the venue.
- Camperoo – We’re like OpenTable, for kid’s activities.
- sxtyscnds – sxtyscnds repurposes proven content (best-selling books, magazines, training-manuals) into “snackable” mobile games.
- Embarkly – Pre-screened dog boarding near you.
Want to demo your startup on the event floor? Head over here and grab a demo table at the venue. What you’ll get:
- A table to call your own
- A tabletop sign
- Electricity & wi-fi
- Two tickets!
Don’t miss this chance to show off all night to local VCs, investors, TechCrunch editors, and more.
See you this Thursday!
Our sponsors help make events happen. If you are interested in learning more about sponsorship opportunities, please contact our sponsorship team here firstname.lastname@example.org.