The Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator is back, with 10 new startups just announced as part of its Summer 2012 class. From political fundraising to group travel to social business referrals, the incubator has a wide range of startups going through its latest three-month program.
Like other incubators, the Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator is aimed at helping early stage startups get off the ground. Since it was launched a year ago, the program has provided startups with working capital and mentorship in New York City. Participants receive a $25,000 investment, free co-working space, and access to a network of more than 200 mentors, including entrepreneurs and investors.
This is the third installment of the accelerator, following the Winter 2012 and Summer 2011 classes. Participants in the previous programs have received funding from the likes of First Round Capital, ff Venture Capital, High Peaks Venture Partners, Lerer Ventures, Lightbank, RRE Ventures, and a number of individual angel investors and seed funds.
Here’s a list of the 10 startups participating in the Summer 2012 ERA program:
- AngelPolitics – A political fundraising social network that allows donors to connect with one another and discover and contribute to candidates. It provides the 76,000 candidates who run for office every year access to a vetted pool of donors and a toolkit to optimize fundraising.
- Bizodo – A cloud-based web application that allows anyone to create beautiful forms using an drag-and-drop builder. The forms link seamlessly with email marketing, sales, project management and paperwork automation tools.
- CaterCow – A service to help find great catering for any event, ranging from an office cocktail party to a wedding. Users discover relevant caterers, request detailed proposals, and pay online.
- Glossi – A simple way to unify a user’s content from around the web. Users can easily create up-to-date online magazines of themselves to share with friends and fans.
- Houdini – Provides a cloud-based workforce platform that allows businesses to outsource repetitive jobs on-demand. It provides customers access to a vetted pool of quality, outsourced workers.
- Jetaport – A service for planning group travel that allows users to propose a flight and hotel, collaborate with the group about specific travel details, and finally help book trips.
- Lucky Chic – An e-commerce platform that delivers health and fitness products, experiences and content that is curated for each user and offers daily sales from multiple categories.
mxHero – Provides a single platform from which email
enhancing technologies can be added to any messaging system, with more than 20 email improvements. Currently available as free open source software, as well as a hosted service in the Google Apps marketplace.
- ReferFan – A social referral platform that turns customers into social marketers, by rewarding customers for promoting brands online.
- SaleMove – Enables businesses to convert passive website visitors into active customers, by allowing online shoppers on partner sites to receive the same type of customer service they get in stores.