Bigpoint, the German online gaming outfit, is pointing to some big numbers today, claiming its 200 millionth registered user. This, says the company, puts it on par with Twitter, which is a bit like comparing apples with oranges but whatever.
That said, 200 million users is no mean feat and to put it into context, Bigpoint says that 18 months ago it could only boast 100 million users and is attracting 250,000 new users every day on average. Again, not too shabby at all.
More big numbers from Bigpoint:
- The company says that it integrates over 180 payment solutions worldwide.
- 100% of revenue is generated through in-game sales of digital items – otherwise all of its titles are free to play.
- It has over 1,000 media partners, including MTV, Myspace, AOL and Mail.ru (see our coverage)
- Bigpoint’s hit online game, Battlestar Galactica Online, generated over 2 million registrations in just 3 months.
- The company processes over one billion transactions every day.
So there you have it. Big numbers to back up Bigpoint’s big talk after it took a $350m majority share investment from Summit Partners and TA Associates in late April. At the time, co-CEO Heiko Hubertz said: (yes, the company has two people in the top job) “I see the potential in Bigpoint to exceed a value of one billion dollars and become the top online gaming company in the world.”
Could Bigpoint be next to join the Billion dollar club?