Bad news for DirecTV subs. If you have been waiting, and waiting to upgade your old TiVo Series 2-ish DirecTV DVR, you are going to have to wait a bit longer. It was reveled in the quarterly earnings call that the DVR isn’t going to be available this year, rather sometime in 2010.
No word was given what caused the delay, but it probably has something to do with the company lossing $4.1 million over the last three months. That same call also featured talk about TiVo’s tru2way partnership with Comcast. But that service is still a bit out so don’t expect that anytime soon either.
- Founded 1963
- Overview CMCSA is a type of publicly traded stocks of Comcast, a mass media and communications company that provides cable, entertainment, and communication products and services. It is a class A common stock traded in NASDAQ. CMCSA offers voting rights of .1323 votes per share.
- Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Categories Web Hosting
- Website http://comcast.com
- Full profile for Comcast
- Founded 1997
- Overview [Tivo](http://www.tivo.com) is a brand of digital video recorders (DVRs). Tivo devices provides users with the ability to save television programs for later viewing ("time shifting"), an electronic television programming schedule, and recording options based on that schedule.
- Location Alviso, CA
- Categories Video Streaming, Hardware, Software
- Website http://www.tivo.com
- Full profile for TiVo
- Founded 1990
- Overview DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is the world's most popular video service delivering state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming, the most comprehensive sports packages available and industry leading customer service to its more than 25 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America. In the U.S., DIRECTV offers its 18.56 million customers more than 130 HD channels and Dolby-Digital 5.1 theater-quality …
- Location El Segundo, CA
- Categories Games, Television, Sports
- Website http://www.directv.com
- Full profile for DIRECTV