Seagate manager Pete Steege tried to store his Seagate Go 320GB hard drive in ice for 100 days in order to prove that Seagate drives can withstand all manner of torture. Sadly, it didn’t quite make it. When he cut the drive out of his ice rink (!!) he cut the bag which wet the drive.
Plugging it in resulted in a device failure and absolute proof that you shouldn’t drop your drives into freezing pond in early November.
- Founded 2013
- Overview Drive is a Paris-based transportation service and application that allows you to order a car in Paris and the suburbs starting at 5 euros. The price is fixed and announced prior to the ride and users book in advance or arrange payment in the car. Drive is easier, faster, cheaper, with easy booking on your mobile application or www.drive.gt. No subscription necessary and no booking fees.
- Location Paris, A8
- Categories Public Transportation
- Website http://drive.gt
- Full profile for Drive
- Founded 1979
- Overview Seagate offers consumers and businesses with data storage solutions to create, share, and preserve digital content. It designs, develops, and manufactures external and internal hard disk drives and associated software products. It sells its disk drives primarily to major original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, and retailers. The company produces a range of disk drive products addressing …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Flash Storage, Consumer Electronics, Data Storage, Cloud Storage, Hardware, Software
- Website http://www.seagate.com
- Full profile for Seagate Technology LLC