The Mac Mini’s future is in question, but the latest rumor indicates that the cheapest Macintosh might get its motherboard from NVIDIA. Since the late-2008 MacBooks and MacBooks Pro sport the dedicated graphic GPUs, the rumor doesn’t seem to far off in left field. Having a Mac Mini equipped with decent graphic capabilities would give curious onlookers one more reason to jump the Windows freighter onto Apple’s yacht.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Software, Electronics
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1993
- Overview Nvidia specializes in the manufacture of graphics-processor technologies for workstations, desktop computers, and mobile devices. The company, based in Santa Clara, California, is a major supplier of integrated circuits used for personal-computer motherboard chipsets, graphics processing units (GPUs), and game-consoles.
- Location Santa Clara, CA
- Categories GPU, Hardware, Software, Virtualization
- Website http://www.nvidia.com
- Full profile for Nvidia