We have all had poorly shipped packages, but apparently Microsoft has had enough with DHL’s piss-pore shipping; specifically after a whole train derailed destroying 21,600 Xbox 360s. The suit is seeking $2 million in total damages due to the October 13, 2007 incident. It seems that we here in the States would not have noticed an inventory shortage as these units were destined for Hong Kong. Which so happens to be a struggling market for the console.
- Founded 1969
- Overview DHL is a division of the German logistics company Deutsche Post DHL that provides international express mail services. Deutsche Post is a large-scale logistics company operating around the world. DHL provides world market services both in sea and air mail. DHL was primarily interested in offshore and inter-continental deliveries, but the success of FedEx prompted its own intra-U.S. expansion starting …
- Location Bonn, 07
- Categories Supply Chain Management, Logistics
- Website https://beta.dhl.com
- Full profile for DHL
- Founded 1974
- Overview Microsoft is an American multinational corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells a range of software products and services. Microsoft’s devices and consumer (D&C) licensing segment licenses Windows operating system and related software; Microsoft Office for consumers; and Windows Phone operating system. The company’s computing and gaming hardware segment provides Xbox …
- Location Redmond, WA
- Categories Collaboration, Developer Tools, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Software, Operating Systems
- Website http://www.microsoft.com
- Full profile for Microsoft
- Description The Xbox is a video gaming console series and brand created by Microsoft.
- Website N/A
- Full profile for Xbox