MetroPCS Communications Inc, a Dallas-based wireless carrier, is allowing customers to bring phones from other carriers to its network. Supposedly this is one of the largest carriers to do such a thing. Analysts say that this will be the trend as the US wireless market starts to open up.
That said, if you think you can activate an iPhone on MetroPCS Network, it’s not going to happen. They use CDMA, so only phones from Sprint, Verizon, and Alltel Corp will work.
- Founded 1999
- Overview Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two wireless networks serving almost 49 million customers at the end of the second quarter of 2009; industry-leading …
- Location Overland Park, Kansas
- Categories Wireless, Mobile
- Website http://sprint.com
- Full profile for Sprint Nextel
- Founded 2010
- Overview MetroPCS Communications, Inc., a wireless telecommunications carrier, offers wireless broadband mobile services in the United States. The company's services comprise voice services that allow customers to place voice calls to, and receive calls from, any telephone in the world, including local, domestic long distance, and international calls; data services, such as ringtones, ring back tones, games …
- Location Richardson, Texas
- Categories Mobile
- Website http://www.metropcs.com
- Full profile for MetroPCS Communications