Broadcom seems to have been awarded the contract to supply Apple’s 3G iPhone with GPS, says Om Malik. It’s sort of a given at this point and would probably be a dealbreaker for those looking to upgrade or jump onto the bandwagon if the 3G iPhone were sans GPS.
If the only upgrade hardware-wise to the iPhone was 3G would you do it?
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Electronics
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1991
- Overview Broadcom is a fabless semiconductor company that provides a broad portfolio of system-on-a-chip solutions. It offers both traditional and wireless workplaces with network switches that bring 802.11 ac Wi-Fi. The company designs and develops its products in labs and design centers around the world, and then works with independent chip-making facilities to manufacture nearly two billion chips annually. …
- Location San Jose, CA
- Categories Semiconductor, Wireless, Mobile
- Website http://www.broadcom.com
- Full profile for Broadcom