Broadcom seems to have been awarded the contract to supply Apple’s 3G iPhone with GPS, says Om Malik. It’s sort of a given at this point and would probably be a dealbreaker for those looking to upgrade or jump onto the bandwagon if the 3G iPhone were sans GPS.
If the only upgrade hardware-wise to the iPhone was 3G would you do it?
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Software, Electronics
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1991
- Overview Broadcom is a Fortune 500 company providing a broad portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip solutions. Its products are found everywhere, from urban corporate data centers and the cloud, to villages in some of the most isolated parts of the world. As one of the world's largest fabless semiconductor companies, Broadcom designs and develops its products in labs and design centers around …
- Location Irvine, CA
- Categories Mobile, Semiconductors
- Website http://www.broadcom.com
- Full profile for Broadcom