We’d heard that the new MacBook Pros that launched today were going to feature new ATI GPUs, but here we are, they’re launched, and they feature NVIDIA GeForce chipsets instead. Or that should be “still”, as that’s what the MacBook Pros have had standard all along.
Video editors in particular want ATI, but Apple keeps going with NVIDIA. What gives?
- Founded 1993
- Overview Nvidia specializes in the manufacture of graphics-processor technologies for workstations, desktop computers, and mobile devices. The company, based in Santa Clara, California, is a major supplier of integrated circuits used for personal-computer motherboard chipsets, graphics processing units (GPUs), and game-consoles.
- Location Santa Clara, CA
- Categories GPU, Hardware, Software, Virtualization
- Website http://www.nvidia.com
- Full profile for Nvidia
- Founded 1960
- Overview Allegheny Technologies Incorporated is one of the largest and most diversified specialty materials and components producers in the world with revenues of approximately $3.9 billion for the last twelve months. ATI has approximately 9,500 full-time employees world-wide who use innovative technologies to offer global markets a wide range of specialty materials solutions.
- Location Pittsburgh, PA
- Categories Chemical, Advanced Materials, Mining Technology
- Full profile for ATI