casual games

  • TabTale Buys Rival Sunstorm As Mobile Gaming For Kids Consolidates

    TabTale Buys Rival Sunstorm As Mobile Gaming For Kids Consolidates

    TabTale, the Israel-based kids’ gaming and educational app publisher backed by Qualcomm and others, has made another acquisition to keep growing its position in the market. It has acquired Sunstorm Games, makers of casual gaming apps for kids. Terms of the deal have not been disclosed but we understand that it is for up to $6 million. This is TabTale’s first U.S. acquisition… Read More

  • What Games Are: Fire TV And The “Casual Console” Crunch Network

    What Games Are: Fire TV And The “Casual Console”

    Fire TV is basically doing what everybody’s been saying Apple TV should be doing by now. 80% of its pitch is about having video and music from many of the usual sources. The other 20% is that Fire TV is a microconsole focused on casual gaming. What does it mean? Will it work? Read More

  • What Games Are: The March Of The Muggles Crunch Network

    What Games Are: The March Of The Muggles

    It’s easy to consign tablet and mobile gaming to the lamestream and feel that there’s a detente between that and the more core gaming platforms. However this is both shortsighted and naive. There’s a deep reason why users are moving over to simpler platforms, one that can’t be ignored. For game developers, for everyone really, learning how to engage with a more… Read More

  • Angry Birds And Minesweeper: Microsoft Announces The First Wave Of Xbox Live Games For Windows 8

    Angry Birds And Minesweeper: Microsoft Announces The First Wave Of Xbox Live Games For Windows 8

    Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that it was bringing parts of the Xbox Live experience to Windows 8 and today, the company announced the first wave of Xbox games for its new desktop operating system. There aren’t too many surprises here and the focus is clearly on casual games. Among the 40 titles in this first wave are hits like Angry Birds, Angry Birds Space, Fruit Ninja… Read More

  • Who would have guessed? Minesweeper "most sucessful game ever"

    So what game would you consider to be the most played ever? Solitaire? Castle Wolfenstein? Maybe Everquest or Quake? Well, guess again. The oldest (and most frequently installed) game ever is minesweeper. Read More