Last year was TechCrunch’s most ambitious ever. We launched a radical new design for the site that our readers really liked, and we scaled up our flagship Disrupt SF with a move to San Francisco’s Moscone Center and an audience nearly three times bigger than in the past. The editorial team covered product launches, fundings, unicorns, venture capitalists and cryptocurrencies, among countless other topics in more than 12,000 stories posted to the site.
TechCrunch’s hard-traveling events team and the editors traveled far and wide to Berkeley, Los Angeles, Tel Aviv, Beirut, Berlin, Lagos, São Paulo, Paris and Zug to produce outstanding events on blockchain, robotics, AR/VR, and mobility, as well as regional Startup Battlefield competitions. We are deeply grateful to the hundreds of advertisers and event sponsors who made all that possible and are, like TechCrunch, are deeply committed to the advancement of founders and the startup ecosystem around the world. Please enjoy our video postcard to the awesome year gone by.
Just to give you some perspective, here are some highlights of our 2018 by the numbers:
- 191,000,000+ visitors to TechCrunch.com
- 159,000,000+ video views
- 12,000+ articles published
- 19 TechCrunch events held
- 135 event sponsors
- 9 number of countries events were hosted in (US, China, Brazil, Israel, Germany, Switzerland, Nigeria, Lebanon, and France)
- 20,000+ attendees hosted
- 1,000+ of startups featured at events
- 94 Startup Battlefield companies launched
- 1.5M+ miles flown
- 650+ gallons of coffee consumed
- 60 TechCrunch staff members
- 1 great, fun-loving team
We are ready to make 2019 a year to remember! Check out the list of events and make sure you plan to join us this year!