Everything is bigger in Texas, which is why we’re bringing the TechCrunch Meetup + Pitch-off to the state’s capitol, Austin. After all, it’s a big deal. We’ll have beer, excellent conversation, and a battle to the death to see which entrepreneurs can dazzle and excite in under sixty seconds. Oh, and beer. Enough said. 21 and older, please.
- Participants interested in competing in the pitch-off will have 60 seconds to explain why their startup is awesome. These products must currently be in stealth or private beta. Registration will be open in May.
Office hours details
- Office Hours are for companies selected for the Pitch-off, these 15 minute 1 on 1 talks will be held the day of the event. We’ll hear about your company, give feedback, and talk about the best pitch strategy for the 60-second rapid-fire competition. Think of us as Adam Levine on The Voice. More information on Office Hours will follow in a post on TechCrunch.
- We will have 3-5 judges, including TechCrunch writers and local VC’s, who will decide on the winners of the Pitch-off. First place will receive a table in Start Up Alley at TechCrunch Disrupt SF. Second Place will receive 2 tickets to the upcoming TechCrunch Disrupt. Third Place will receive 1 ticket to the upcoming TechCrunch Disrupt.
- Stage on Sixth, 508 East 6th St. Austin, TX 78701
- Event runs from 6 PM – 10 PM
How To Become A Sponsor
For more information on sponsorship packages and to discuss becoming a sponsor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
And whether you’re an investor, entrepreneur, dreamer or tech enthusiast, we want to see you at the event, so we can give you free beer and hear your thoughts. Come one, come all. It’s sure to be a night to remember.