The startup, which is based in London, says the seed funding serves as a springboard for a bigger Series A funding round it expects to close in early 2012.
Read more over at TechCrunch Europe.
- Founded 2011
- Overview Blippar is the leading visual discovery app, harnessing augmented reality and image-recognition technology to bring the physical world to life through smartphones. Once the Blippar app is downloaded, people can blipp ("scan") objects they’re curious about and unlock useful and entertaining content. Since launching in the UK in 2011, Blippar has expanded rapidly, partnering with some of the biggest …
- Location London, H9
- Categories Advertising, Image Recognition, Augmented Reality, Wearables, Mobile, Education, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence
- Founders Jessica Butcher, Steve Spencer, Ambarish Mitra, Omar Tayeb
- Website http://www.blippar.com
- Full profile for Blippar
- Founded 1985
- Overview Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) is the world leader in next generation mobile technologies. The company delivers innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 100 Index, the S&P 500 Index and is a 2009 FORTUNE 500Â® company.
- Location San Diego, CA
- Categories Wireless, Telecommunications
- Founders Franklin P. Antonio
- Website http://www.qualcomm.com
- Full profile for Qualcomm Incorporated