Hello, and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
This is our Wednesday show, where we niche down to a single person, think about their work and unpack the rest. This week, Natasha interviewed a jack of all trades in the AI world with a focus on governance: Navrina Singh. Navrina is the founder and CEO of CredoAI, a governance platform helping organizations monitor, measure and manage AI-introduced risks.
We’re talking about:
- Navrina’s wedge into the world of AI, and when governance went from a lonely conversation to a global focus
- Her experience with Microsoft, observing how the EU AI Act’s legislation is coming together, and her work as a member of the U.S. Department of Commerce National Artificial Intelligence Advisory Committee (NAIAC) — which advises President Biden and the National AI Initiative Office
- Regulation, responsible AI and getting over “AI hypocrisy”
- Casting fear aside as a motivator for change
- Navrina’s thoughts on recent news in AI, including GPT-4’s launch and Microsoft’s ethical AI team layoffs
As always, Alex, Natasha and Mary Ann will be back for our weekly news roundup on Friday, but you can follow us on Twitter @EquityPod for live updates and more.
For episode transcripts and more, head to Equity’s Simplecast website.
Equity drops at 7:00 a.m. PT every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the casts. TechCrunch also has a great show on crypto, a show that interviews founders, one that details how our stories come together and more!