Hello and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
Alex and Grace are back to cover the biggest, boldest and baddest technology news. We are back on Tuesday, as the United States was off yesterday. So a day late, but hopefully not a dollar short, here’s what we got into today:
- Stocks are mixed around the world, and set to fall in the United States at the open. At the same time, the crypto market has been somewhat relaxed in the last day.
- Sequoia Capital China is raising $9 billion, a huge amount of money at a time in which we have seen venture capital activity in China slow.
- Speaking of slowing venture capital, Indian activity is falling. That deceleration comes as the country’s crypto market is under pressure.
- At the same time, Twitter is pushing back against the Indian government bullying, which is good. But maybe less good for Elon Musk, who is buying the social network, and wants to sell imported cars in the country.
- Closing out, we touched on a potential database breach in China, struggles at Vauld, a new climate tech fund and news from the quantum front.
All that and we had a good time! We are back tomorrow morning, and Friday morning!