Update: We promised to link to Creighton’s Soundcloud. Here it is.
Hello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast, where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
- Amy Widdowson, VP Corporate Communications at Zeno Group and newsletter writer extraordinaire
- Kelsey Cheng, PR Director at Walker Sands
- Creighton Vance, Media Strategist at Mission North and maker of music
We had a few things to chat about, so we broke the show into a few sections:
- Today’s PR world: The impact of COVID-19, burnout, what their work entails and some tips for startups.
- The sheer pace of news today: The evolution of client expectations, managing clients themselves and burnout.
- Tech vs. Media: We chatted content marketing, sharing details with the press and why the media never shares drafts of stories before they go out.
Frankly it was a very good time and a fun chat. Shoutout to our guests for arriving early and being very put together. May all podcast guests in the future learn from such efforts. One guest was even wearing a shirt with a collar! In 2021! We were impressed.
Recall that Equity is off the rest of the week so that we can recharge and retool a bit. Hugs!