Hello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
This is Equity Monday, our weekly kickoff that tracks the latest private market news, talks about the coming week, digs into some recent funding rounds and mulls over a larger theme or narrative from the private markets. You can follow the show on Twitter here and myself here — and be sure to check out our most recent Friday episode, which featured news on Finix and Coinbase and Reddit, among others.
Here’s what we got into this fine Monday morning:
- Skydio raises $170 million, a huge sum for the drone company. Will its market prove large enough, quickly enough, for the company to stay VC-ready?
- The U.K. government is putting together a venture fund of sorts? That’s mostly cool.
- Klarna raises lots of money at a new, bigger valuation. More here on its industry.
- Space SPAC one, space SPAC two.
- And then on the funding round side of things, here’s Axonius’ very interesting round, and this fun pre-seed deal from Europe!
- And finally we chat up Oscar Health, a company whose IPO is all sorts of confusing.
Early Stage is the premiere “how-to” event for startup entrepreneurs and investors. You’ll hear firsthand how some of the most successful founders and VCs build their businesses, raise money and manage their portfolios. We’ll cover every aspect of company-building: Fundraising, recruiting, sales, legal, PR, marketing and brand building. Each session also has audience participation built-in — there’s ample time included in each for audience questions and discussion.