Hello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
Welcome to an Equity Shot all about the huge, and hugely interesting, Salesforce-Slack deal, in which the enterprise social company will be subsumed for the mere price of $27.7 billion.
Some of the drama, we admit, was removed when the deal was presaged several days ago, but that didn’t stop the Equity crew from having a lot to say on the matter. Here are some of the topics we discuss:
- How big is this deal, both literally and figuratively?
- We talk about the market reception and if the rumors correctly valued the deal
- Does Slack deserve snaps or just a simple pat on the back?
- What does the deal tell us about vertical SaaS tools?
- The COVID-19 effect on remote tools
- What does SoftBank have to do with this (and why does SoftBank always have something to do with everything)?
- And whole lot of conversation and discussion on Microsoft and its competitor
We are back in two days’ time, so don’t wander too far. Chat soon!