Hello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
This is Equity Monday, our weekly kickoff that tracks the latest big news, chats about the coming week, digs into some recent funding rounds and mulls over a larger theme or narrative from the private markets. You can follow the show on Twitter here and myself here — and don’t forget to check out last Friday’s episode that we wound up titling “Th O’s r ptinal, th dllrs r mndtry,“ a joke that if we observe the weekend’s podcast analytics, was a mistake.
But in better news, there was lots to get to this morning, so here’s a digest of what we talked about:
- More good vaccine news is scrambling the stock market yet again, dinging tech stocks and bolstering non-tech shares. This also happened last Monday, but was swallowed up by terrible COVID-19 numbers by Friday.
- ProfitWell data on SaaS and the pandemic proves to be largely good news.
- C3.AI filed to go public; more on that shortly on the main site.
- UiPath could go public early next year at a $20 billion valuation.
- SpaceX pulled off its latest rocket launch, sending four humans into space.
- Parler is partially living off ultraconservative cash.
- MindTickle raised $100 million from the second Vision Fund. Its revenue growth is impressive, at 170%.
- Thoughtexchange wrapped its Series B at a total size of $34 million.
- Pharmapacks raised $250 million from Carlyle. That’s a big check.
- Catch up on our DoorDash IPO coverage, if you need to. Here’s our overview, here’s the VC winners’ list and here’s what COVID-19 did for the delivery company.
We hope you are rested and ready to go for the rest of the week. Chat as soon as Airbnb files.