From Extra Crunch
- We have published the transcript for Brian Heater’s conference call on robotics.
- Arman published report reviews on China’s luxury goods and consumer spending as well as on perceptions of automation in Europe.
- We have Lucas Matney and Eric Peckham scheduled for today at 3pm EST / noon PST discussing GDC on our live conference call.
- We are following up our startup lawyers Verified Experts with brand designers. Our first post on creating a brand for startups is live, and be sure to nominate a brand designer as well.
- We will be hosting an Extra Crunch stage at TechCrunch Disrupt this September.
Stories from outside the 280/101 corridor
- The city of Paris is preparing to tax scooters and other vehicles.
- Deep dive into the lifestyles of entrepreneurs and tech workers in China’s Silicon Valley.
- Several Wikipedia portals shut down in Europe to protest recently passed copyright laws.
- Two major Nigerian fintech companies are joining forces to become an online consumer finance platform.
- Pro rata rights aren’t what they used to be.
- Qualcomm notches another victory, this time in South Korea
- Mubadala Ventures is launching a massive new tech hub in Abu Dhabi
- Brazil may become home to future U.S. rocket launches
- One of North Korea’s top newspapers is now on the global internet (not everyday you get to go to a .kp address).
To every member of Extra Crunch: thank you. You allow us to get off the ad-laden media churn conveyor belt and spend quality time on amazing ideas, people, and companies. If I can ever be of assistance, hit reply, or send an email to email@example.com.