- B.J. is the cofounder The List App, which, well, is an app that features lists. It’s great. The lists tend to be more mature than Buzzfeed’s and the app’s stark design lets the content stand out.
- I’m curious if The List App’s business model of leaning on celebrities to fill out content is working. The app debuted towards the top of the charts and has since steadily decreased per data provided by App Annie.
- B.J. is the author of a fantastic children’s book called “The Book with No Pictures” and I need to get the copy I just bought for my niece signed. She’s five and I’m sure she doesn’t care about autographs, but I do and that’s all that matters.
- The tech community often looks enviously to Hollywood. I suspect Hollywood looks to the tech community through similar eyes. There has to be something we can do to bridge the gap.
- Disrupt MC Jordan Crook is a huge fan of The Office, of which B.J. Novak was an Executive Producer and star. She’s high maintenance so we try to give her what she wants.
- We assume he’s quite funny. And Disrupt is in need of a good sense of humor, given that Jordan isn’t as funny as she thinks.
Novak joins our growing list of Disrupt NY speakers. This year, for the first time, the show takes place in Brooklyn instead of Manhattan. It’s going to be great.
Tickets are still available but today is the last day you can save on the early bird special.
Sponsors make TechCrunch events possible. If you want to learn more about sponsorships with TechCrunch, shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.