OK, fine…it wasn’t funny.
Welcome to another episode of CrunchWeek, TechCrunch’s weekly roundup show where we talk the biggest things in tech.
This week we’re chatting about Theranos’ impending battle with the FDA, Square going for the IPO, Twitter laying off some staff and Ballmer becomes a fan (but not of my impersonation of him). Also, Megan decided she was too cool to wear a blazer. Pshhh.
As the Microsoft-SurfaceBook-Loving-Ballmer-Fan-Club-Founding Alex says: It’s Friday, it’s CrunchWeek, it’s time to throw down and talk some smack. Hit play, and we’ll see you all right back here in 7 days.
- Bio Elizabeth Holmes is CEO of Theranos. Elizabeth founded Theranos in 2003 with the mission to make actionable health information accessible to people everywhere at the time it matters, enabling early detection and intervention of disease, and empowering individuals with information to live the lives they want to live. Elizabeth left Stanford University's School of Engineering to build Theranos around …
- Full profile for Elizabeth Holmes
- Bio Jack Dorsey is the creator, co-founder, and Chairman of Twitter and co-founder & CEO of Square.Originally from St. Louis, Jack's early fascination for mass-transit and how cities function led him to Manhattan and programming real-time messaging systems for couriers, taxis, and emergency vehicles. Throughout this work, Jack witnessed thousands of workers in the field constantly updating where they …
- Full profile for Jack Dorsey
- Founded 2009
- Overview Square helps anyone take care of their business. Square's complete [register](http://www.square.com/register) service is a full point of sale with tools for every part of running a business, from accepting credit cards and tracking sales and inventory to small-business financing. Customers also use [Square Cash](/product/square-cash), the easiest way to send and receive money, and [Square Order](/product/square-order), …
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Categories Mobile Payments, Analytics, Finance, Hardware, Software, FinTech, Mobile, Payments
- Website http://squareup.com
- Full profile for Square
- Bio Steve Ballmer is a former director of Microsoft Corporation. He joined Microsoft in 1980 and was the company’s first business manager. Ballmer retired as Chief Executive Officer on Feb. 4, 2014. Before becoming CEO in 2000, his roles at Microsoft included senior vice president of sales and support, senior vice president of systems software and vice president of marketing. Under his leadership, Microsoft …
- Full profile for Steve Ballmer
- Founded 2006
- Overview Twitter is a global social networking platform that allows its users to send and read 140-character messages known as “tweets”. It enables registered users to read and post their tweets through the web, short message service (SMS), and mobile applications. As a global real-time communications platform, Twitter has more than 400 million monthly visitors and 255 million monthly active users around …
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Categories SMS, Blogging Platforms, Messaging, Software, Information Services
- Website http://www.twitter.com/
- Full profile for Twitter