Even though I’m a huge Giphy fan, I still use Google Image Search a lot to find fun imagery…especially animated GIFs. The problem with using Google Search for this is that the results aren’t animated.
Static as the day is long. Womp Womp.
First world problems, but you have to click on each result to see the animation and it’s never guaranteed that what you click on is indeed animated. Sometime’s it’s a static image representing an animated GIF. UGH.
With this Chrome Extension, your world will change. Do a search and blammo…animation station:
Enjoy your GIF-filled weekend, folks.
Featured Image: SBNation
- Founded 2013
- Overview Giphy is a search engine for GIFs. Animated GIFs have existed for decades, but there was still no good way to browse and discover the best the web had to offer. And the vision for Giphy isn’t really just about finding GIFs. It’s a search engine today but soon you’ll see it grow into a community, a platform with a host of features targeted at gif artists, enthusiasts, bloggers, and anyone …
- Location New York, NY
- Categories Search, Internet, Service Providers
- Founders Jace Cooke, Alex Chung
- Website http://giphy.com
- Full profile for Giphy
- Founded 1998
- Overview Google is a multinational corporation that is specialized in internet-related services and products. The company’s product portfolio includes Google Search, which provides users with access to information online; Knowledge Graph that allows users to search for things, people, or places as well as builds systems recognizing speech and understanding natural language; Google Now, which provides information …
- Location Mountain View, CA
- Categories Search, Email, Blogging Platforms, Information Technology, Video Streaming, Software
- Website http://www.google.com/
- Full profile for Google