Austin-based Capital Factory is one of the jewels of the city’s startup scene, offering up an accelerator program and space for community events and workshops. The accelerator has a flexible, rolling application process that allows startups to join and use its coworking space for generally as long as they need.
Capital Factory was founded five years ago by Joshua Baer, one of the local entrepreneurs in Austin. He teamed up with a couple of other founders in the area to develop a program for helping startups that were based or wanted to be based there.
Part of the appeal of the program is the office space: Located right downtown, the accelerator’s office has stunning views of the city and plenty of desks and available conference rooms for meetings. The space also serves as a place for various startup events and workshops that its portfolio companies can take part in.
In fact, that’s one of the best ways to get in. For startups that want to join, being a part of the Capital Factory community before applying is a good way to get noticed and get to know the partners there before submitting an application.
Check out the video above to learn more.
This is the second of ten episodes for a new TechCrunch TV series called Incubated. We’ll have a new episode after Wednesday afternoon for the next two-and-a-half months, each of which will take a look at what it’s like inside some of the top accelerators in the U.S. Please join us each week to find out how all the different incubators and accelerators help out the startups that participate in them.
Check out all the episodes of Incubated here:
- Incubated: How The 500 Startups Accelerator Helps Startups Get Noticed
- Incubated: Capital Factory Uses The Austin Community To Lead Startups To Success
- Incubated: Inside Matter.VC’s Structured Approach To Helping Media Startups
- Incubated: How Amplify.LA Helps LA-Based Startups Grow
- Incubated: Y Combinator’s Approach To Finding And Helping Startups Become Big Winners
- Incubated: Media Camp Helps Startups Get Connected With Hollywood Decision-Makers
- Incubated: MuckerLab’s Hands-On Approach To Accelerating Startup Growth
- Incubated: How StartX Helps Stanford-Affiliated Founders Get Their Companies Off The Ground