It was a big week for gadgets, with GoPro’s public offering, Aereo losing in the Supreme Court, and Google holding its annual I/O Developer conference.
Have a good Friday, everybody!
Intro Music by Mendhoan.
- Founded 2012
- Overview Aereo is a New York City-based technology company that allows consumers to access live broadcast television on Internet-connected devices through use of its remote integrated (cloud-based) antenna/DVR technology. Using Aereo’s technology, consumers can pause and rewind any program that they are watching live, or save a program for future viewing. A cable or satellite television subscription is …
- Location New York, NY
- Categories Digital Media, TV, Video Streaming
- Founders Chet Kanojia
- Website http://aereo.com/home
- Full profile for Aereo
- Founded 1998
- Overview Google is a multinational corporation that is specialized in internet-related services and products. The company’s product portfolio includes Google Search, which provides users with access to information online; Knowledge Graph that allows users to search for things, people, or places as well as builds systems recognizing speech and understanding natural language; Google Now, which provides information …
- Location Mountain View, CA
- Categories Search, Email, Blogging Platforms, Information Technology, Video Streaming, Software
- Website http://www.google.com/
- Full profile for Google
- Founded 2003
- Overview GoPro is the world's leading activity image capture company. GoPro produces the HD HERO® line of wearable and gear-mountable cameras and accessories, making it easy for people to capture and share their lives' most exciting moments in high definition. GoPro's products are sold through specialty retailers in more than 50 countries and online at http://www.gopro.com.
- Location San Mateo, California
- Categories Hardware + Software, 3D, Hardware, Video
- Founders Nick Woodman
- Website http://www.gopro.com
- Full profile for GoPro