The startup, which is based in London, says the seed funding serves as a springboard for a bigger Series A funding round it expects to close in early 2012.
Read more over at TechCrunch Europe.
- Founded 1985
- Overview Qualcomm is an American fabless semiconductor company that designs, manufactures, and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services. It produces processors and connectivity solutions, displays, software, and charging products. The company is focused on various industries: automotive, education, healthcare, Internet of Everything, mobile computing, networking, smart cities, smart …
- Location San Diego, CA
- Categories Wireless, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Mobile
- Website http://www.qualcomm.com
- Full profile for Qualcomm Incorporated
- Founded 2011
- Overview Blippar is the leading visual discovery app, harnessing augmented reality and image-recognition technology to bring the physical world to life through smartphones. Once the Blippar app is downloaded, people can blipp ("scan") objects they’re curious about and unlock useful and entertaining content. Since launching in the UK in 2011, Blippar has expanded rapidly, partnering with some of the biggest …
- Location London, H9
- Categories Education, Wearables, Advertising, Augmented Reality, Computer Vision, Image Recognition, Artificial Intelligence, Mobile
- Founders Omar Tayeb
- Website http://www.blippar.com
- Full profile for Blippar