I don’t know many people who are chompin’ at the bits for the launch date info on yet another Galaxy Tab, but I know you’re out there somewhere. For you, kind soul: AT&T has just announced that the LTE/4G-compatible version of the 8.9″ Samsung Galaxy Tab will be launching on November 20th.
What’s that, you say? AT&T hardly has any LTE coverage for such a device to ride on? Correct! With that said, they’ll be launching it in six new markets (bringing the total up to 15) on the same day: Charlotte, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, and San Juan, Puerto Rico. It’s still a drop in the bucket — but hey, you’ve gotta start somewhere.
The Specs on the Gal Tab 8.9:
· 4G LTE backed by 4G HSPA+
· Android 3.2 (Honeycomb)
· 15.9 ounces light, 8.6mm thin
· Brilliant 8.9” HD widescreen
· 3.2 megapixel rear facing camera with LED flash, 2 megapixel front facing camera
· Tabbed browsing, Adobe Flash and HTML support
· Snapdragon 1.5 GHz dual core processor
· 16 GB internal memory and expandable up to 32 GB via accessory option
· 1 GB RAM
· TouchWiz® UX
· Dimensions: 230.9 x 157.8 x 8.6 mm
The Galaxy Tab 8.9 will set you back $479.99 on a two-year soul sign.