Enterprise I.T. company GroupLogic is today unveiling the latest update to its mobilEcho Mobile File Management (MFM) service with the launch of mobilEcho 3.0. Most importantly, the new version now adds support for the iPhone, in addition to the previously supported iPad. And the company says it will have support for Android by next quarter.
MobilEcho launched in May, allowing companies to provide their employees with secure access to files stored on servers by way of the iPad. Since then, the company has added around 100 businesses who have signed up to use mobilEcho within their organization. GroupLogic, a company which has historically focused on tools that allow enterprise to integrate Apple Macs into their network, says it has added 1,000 customers this year, for a total of 6,000.
In addition to the new iPhone support, the new version of mobilEcho 3.0 also provides the following upgrades and features:
– Complete PDF preview and annotation providing users a secure method to review, comment, and annotate documents to meet corporate security, compliance and governance standards.
– Direct access to the employee’s unique Active Directory assigned home directory.
– Support for automatic one-way sync from the server to the employee device, for easy access to the latest document changes when offline.
– Centrally managed simplified device enrollment.
– Enhanced management features that include per-device status tracking, remote wipe and password reset.
The company also recently partnered with mobile device management (MDM) vendors MobileIron and Good Technology, allowing those customers to deploy mobilEcho within either the MobileIron or Good environment.
According to GroupLogic, the update for mobilEcho will be free for current customers. For new customers, pricing info is available here.
GroupLogic is already a profitable company, so its current development efforts involving mobilEcho are self-funded. The company is not looking for external capital at this time.