Even though it’s the end of summer and tech news has started to slow to a crawl, there was actually quite a bit to talk about on OMG/JK this week. In this episode, Jason and I focus on three key things: Amazon’s Kindle web reader, Facebook Messenger, and games on Google+.
Is Amazon screwing with Apple? Is Facebook screwing with SMS? Is Google screwing with Facebook? Those are the main points of discussion. We also sort of veer off into a discussion about whether or not Google+ is all one big game in the more metaphorical sense.
And as a bonus, you’ll get to see our awkward transitions between stories.
Here are some of the key stories we talk about this week:
- Amazon’s Answer To Apple’s Terms: A Web-Based Kindle Cloud Reader — Brilliant On PC, Better On iPad
- Facebook Launches Standalone iPhone/Android Messenger App (And It’s Beluga)
- Facebook Just Out-iMessaged iMessage — And SMS Is More Screwed Than Ever
- Google Wastes No Time Putting Games On Google+: Angry Birds, Bejeweled, Zynga On Board
- Facebook And Google Duke It Out Over Gaming (Same Day Announcements, Zynga?)