This week’s episode of OMG/JK is a bit top-heavy. There simply wasn’t a ton of news this week beyond the one giant fight that broke out between Google and Microsoft over the patent issue. Channeling that spirit, Jason and I get into an argument about the argument.
Is Google right? Is Microsoft right? Do they both look like huge asses?
Then we move on to talk a bit about the new Gmail Labs functionality that adds a third viewing pane to Google’s online email service. On this we mainly agree: it needs a lot of work.
Watch the episode above and find some relevant links to what we talk about below. And yes, I have a giant beard.
- Google Rips Into Microsoft, Apple, Oracle For “Bogus Patents” And Trying To “Strangle” Android
- Google Threw A Punch, Microsoft Fires Back With A Missile
- Why Did Google Blog About Patents Today? Because The Nortel Loss Was Just The Beginning.
- Google Responds To Microsoft’s “Gotcha”: They’re Diverting Attention With A Trick That Failed
- Microsoft Responds To Google’s Response To Microsoft’s Response
- How Apple Led The High-Stakes Patent Poker Win Against Google, Sealing Ballmer’s Promise
- Microsoft’s Android Plan: Evil Genius Or Just Evil?
- Google On The Nortel Loss, Patents As Government-Granted Monopolies, And Plates Of Spaghetti
- Gmail Gets A Preview Pane (Hooray!), Needs Work (Aww)