We’re back with a new episode of TC Cribs, and this one is sure to be a crowd pleaser: red-hot blogging platform Tumblr. The NYC-based startup has been growing like crazy (they’re now up to 11.6 billion page views per month), and they’ve given us a chance to take a peek inside their headquarters.
For a company with over $40 million in funding the Tumblr team is still surprisingly small, and the office is relatively humble. But there’s plenty of charm: handcrafted furniture, board games abound, and robots that look suspiciously like my favorite wizard.
Be sure to watch til the end, when I get to walk Tumblr founder David Karp’s dog. Huh?
As always, credit to Ashley Pagán and John Murillo for the camera work, and to Mr. Murillo for the fantastic editing.
Also be sure to check out our previous episodes of TC Cribs:
- Inside The Psychobox: A Tour Of Dropbox’s Bumping Office
- Take A Doc On The Wild Side At Scribd (With Bonus Go Karts!)
- Dogs, Unicorns, And Mysterious Gongs: Inside Yelp’s 5-Star Pad
- TC Cribs: IGN HQ Gets Its Game On With Lawn Gnomes, Plumbers, And Creepy Dinosaurs
- TC Cribs: From Frenchmen To Randy Raccoons, An Inside Look At Seesmic
- TC Cribs: Inside The Snuggified Home Of Posterous
- TC Cribs: Meebo’s Headbanging, Rocket-Flinging Office (With Magical Passageways)
- TC Cribs: Unlock The Secrets Of GroupMe HQ (Beware The Time-Out Chair)