We’re back for a new episode of TC Cribs, and it’s featuring a startup long-time TechCrunch readers will know well: Justin.tv. The office is a quirky mix of hallways, rooms that probably shouldn’t be rooms, and secret stairways — and it’s loaded with character and condiments.
The company got its start back in 2007 as founder Justin Kan livecasted his life with a camera hooked up to a backpack that was loaded with batteries and modems, letting thousands of viewers watch his every move. He’s a brave man.
The company’s come a long way since then: they’re now one of the most popular live streaming platforms on the web (Kan has hung up his backpack, which you’ll see in the tour). And they also recently launched a sister product called Socialcam, which is best described as an Instagram for video. Tune in!
Credit once again goes to Ashley Pagán and John Murillo for the camera work, and to Mr. Murillo for the editing and fantastic music selection.
Also make sure to check out our previous episodes of TC Cribs:
- Inside The Psychobox: A Tour Of Dropbox’s Bumping Office
- Take A Doc On The Wild Side At Scribd (With Bonus Go Karts!)
- Dogs, Unicorns, And Mysterious Gongs: Inside Yelp’s 5-Star Pad
- TC Cribs: IGN HQ Gets Its Game On With Lawn Gnomes, Plumbers, And Creepy Dinosaurs
- TC Cribs: From Frenchmen To Randy Raccoons, An Inside Look At Seesmic
- TC Cribs: Inside The Snuggified Home Of Posterous
- TC Cribs: Meebo’s Headbanging, Rocket-Flinging Office (With Magical Passageways)
- TC Cribs: Unlock The Secrets Of GroupMe HQ (Beware The Time-Out Chair)