Today at Apple’s WWDC event, we got a chance to preview some of the upcoming features of the iOS 5 camera application, and from what we’re seeing, there’s plenty to get excited about. First off, and most importantly, the shutter button is “WAY FASTER,” according to MG Siegler who is live-blogging the event.
New features include:
- Lock screen camera short-cut button
- Volume Up button becomes shutter button
- One-click Enhance (just like in iPhoto)
- Photo Editing: crop, rotate, red-eye reduction
- Lockable auto-focus and auto-exposure
I can’t speak for everyone but these upgrades are certainly nothing to scoff at. I am personally excited to try taking pictures with the volume up button, instead of the crappy centered touchscreen button, which seems to always miss the most perfect Kodak moments. However, I’d gladly trade in every extra feature for the one that matters the most: “WAY FASTER!”