How would you feel if your iPhone 4 burst into flames on your wooden table, fire licking the laquer and the noise scaring your wife and child half to death? That’s what reader Omar had to deal with this week when his iPhone completely exploded. He writes:
The phone got hot then started smoking then blew up. My wife and kid were in the room and it set off my fire alarm. It slighty burned my hand when I tried to pick it up. Basically the battery caught on fire.
Helpfully, Omar also posted a video about his experience, using Bruce Springsteen as the background music for the burnination.
He’s contacting Apple now to see if he can, perhaps, get a new iPhone. Ideally one that doesn’t swell up and explode on his coffee table.[gallery]