Correct! Verizon have said that the latest software version — v2.3.20 — for the Motorola Droid 2 will start rolling out to a limited number of people tonight.
But what does the update bring? I have a list!
- Improved battery life.
- Heightened proximity sensor accuracy to enable faster screen response.
- View the Weather widget in both landscape and portrait orientation.
- Simpler setup, improved user interactions, and better notifications for Visual Voice Mail.
- Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better user experience.
- Support for email domain suffixes containing more than three characters.
- Keep text messages organized with chronological in-box screen.
- Edit text messages after you’ve inserted a video file.
- Improved audio sound during recorded video playbacks.
- Stream Guided Tour videos on device in Help Center application with ease.
- Faster location tracking during GPS navigation.
- Faster transitions between Wi-Fi and 3G in data connection.
- New ability to add pictures from your Gallery to a contact.
- Export all your contacts to the SD card.
- View details of Social Networking contacts.
- VZ Navigator is now preloaded on device.
If you’re keen to get the update happenin’, you can go to Settings -> About -> Software Update. Don’t see it? Cross your fingers and try again after midnight tonight.
Instructions for the update are available here.
[via Droid Life]