Oh, you thought AT&T was the only one getting a custom, branded version of the Samsung’s Galaxy S Android superphone? Nope! T-Mobile’s getting one as well — albeit one that’s not quite as easy on the eyes.
CellPhone Signal just unearthed a pretty monstrous heap of details on ol T-Mo’s version of the Galaxy S.
What we know so far:
- It’ll be sold as the “T-Mobile Vibrant”, likely in reference to the ridiculously bright AMOLED screen
- Speaking of which, said AMOLED screen will be 4″ large.
- 1GHZ Hummingbird CPU, custom built by Samsung
- 5 megapixel camera with HD Video recording
- Bluetooth 3.0
- FM Radio
- Digital Compass
- 16GB of memory internal, with support for microSD cards
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
According to their scoopster, the Vibrant ought to launch on July 21st. Now, you might want to take a seat for this next part: in partnership with EA, it looks like every Vibrant handset will ship with a copy of the Sims 3. 1 GHZ CPU? CPU Schmee-pee-you, am I right? No? What? Why are you not more excited?