We literally just had our hands on with the just announced Samsung Galaxy S — and boy, was it a beauty.
Read on for our first impressions.
- This is without a doubt the most gorgeous screen we’ve ever seen on a handset. It’s massive, vibrant, and just so, so bright. We can’t wait to see how the Super AMOLED screen performs in the sunlight.
- It’s a bit of a monster in the hand due to the 4.1″ screen, but its surprisingly thin and light
- The entire Android interface has been overhauled, but not in anyway that destroys the core Android experience. They haven’t replaced much here – they’ve just made it prettier
- There was one little bug involving video playback during our hands on demo — the video just didn’t want to start. Once it did, however, it was smooth as butter.
- One odd thing we noted: the apps drawer has been paginated. On most Android phones, all of your apps are stored on one vertically scrolling page; here, they’re broken into horizontally scrolling pages, just like the homescreen.
- Just about every screen transition has an animation — and thanks to the 1Ghz CPU, the animations are stunningly fluid. We didn’t see one ounce of stutter.
Update: Pictures now up; the video is processing as we speak. The player is embedded below – as soon as YouTube’s done processing it, it’ll go live.