I’ll leave the comparisons between the Ezy Tablet PC and a certain device to be launched in a little under a month up to you. Actually, aside from the casing and the 10.2-inch multitouch LCD, there’s not a whole lot else in the way of commonality.
The Ezy Tablet PC features the following:
- 10.2-inch multitouch display with 1024×600 resolution
- Intel Atom N270 CPU at 1.6GHz
- Intel GMA 950 graphics
- 250GB SATA hard drive
- 2GB of RAM, upgradeable to 4GB
- 802.11 a/b/g Wi-Fi, plus 3G mobile chipset
- 1.3 megapixel webcam, card reader, three USB ports
- VGA output, Ethernet port
- 2100mAh battery good for up to 3.5 hours
- Weight of 2.2 pounds
- Windows 7 or Vista OS
The product sells for $680 with 2GB of RAM and no operating system–Windows 7 or Vista will set you back $180 each. It’s also not quite clear what kind of 3G card is built in to this thing other than the product number “WCDMATD-SCDMACDMA2000.” I see “CDMA” in there.
It ships from Malaysia, too. That’s far, far away for most of us.