Are you a budding Web entrepreneur who would like some pointers or advice from seasoned company founders? MayField Fund and First Round Capital are sponsoring a raffle to give away mentoring sessions with the founders of Digg (Jay Adelson), Flickr (Caterina Fake), Mint (Aaron Patzer), Ning (Gina Bianchini), Slide (Max Levchin), and Zynga (Mark Pincus).
The raffle will take place at a private event in Silicon Valley with space for 100 attendees on March 1. But you can win a ticket for the event by applying here. The event and raffle are free, but the 100 attendees in the running will be selected beforehand by partners at Mayfield and First Round.
Winners of the raffle do not get to become Best Friends Forever with the founders. But they will get one intense mentoring session each.
- Founded 2006
- Overview Mint is an extensible, self-hosted web site analytics program. Its interface is an exercise in simplicity. Visits, referrers, popular pages and searches can all be taken in at a glance on Mint's flexible dashboard.
- Location Mountain View, CA
- Categories Financial Services, Apps
- Website http://www.mint.com
- Full profile for Mint
- Founded 2004
- Overview Flickr is an online photo management and sharing application. Flickr enables its user to show off their favorite photos and videos to the world, securely and privately show content to their friends and family, or blog the photos and videos they take with a cameraphone. Flickr helps people make their photos available to other people who matter to them and enables new ways of editing, organizing, …
- Location Sunnyvale, CA
- Categories Photography, Social Media, Photo Sharing, Video
- Website http://www.flickr.com
- Full profile for Flickr
- Founded 2004
- Overview Digg Inc. operates a website that enables its users to find, read, and share the most interesting and talked about stories on the internet. It is an editorially driven front page, aiming to select stories related to science, politics, and viral internet issues. It also enables users to find stories on their iOS or Android devices through its mobile apps; and delivers stories via daily emails. …
- Categories Internet, Social Media, Developer Tools, Social Network
- Website http://www.digg.com
- Full profile for Digg
- Founded 2004
- Overview With over 2 million communities created to date, Ning is the world’s largest SaaS platform for deploying vibrant social communities and web sites. Founded by Marc Andreessen and Gina Bianchini in 2004, Ning was acquired by Glam Media in December 2011 to bring together Ning’s world-class social-native technology with Glam’s premium advertising solutions to help consumers and brands create and …
- Location Brisbane, CA
- Categories SaaS, Social, Communities, Enterprise Software
- Founders Marc Andreessen
- Website http://www.ning.com
- Full profile for Ning by Glam Media